Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Finally Got Four Wheels!

On the day of my last post, Jo had sent me an email forwarded from one of the ladies in her kids club in Dublin. Car for sale for only 2,000 euro. I sent her an email that day, and two days later was the owner of a '97 Suburu Legacy...and the US Ex-Pat car legacy continues...they were here for 2 years as well and were moving back to Chicago. It's running great and I cannot even begin to describe the freedom of being able to drive around, even though it was strange to drive on the other side of the road at first. Matt, the previous owner, was nice enough to give me a few tricks to keep myself sorted. eg. Always make sure as the driver that you are the one in the middle of the road. Funny enough, one of my co-workers Oz tried to buy the same car only 30 minutes later. He said he felt like he had bursted at the bubble with getting it. So weird because I wasn't really looking for a car so it felt like fate when it all happened so smoothly and easily. Happy Days!

No comments: