Tuesday, April 10, 2007

BEST of LA - The Lists

When moving to another country, one of the things I forgot to consider is all the little things I know about LA and my familiar routine that end up being a big deal when I am in unfamiliar territory. Everything from best sushi restaurant to best hairdressor to where to go on a sunny day to relax. The weather has been getting better here inspiring me to venture back out into Dublin to explore and I realize that unlike when I am in LA, I have to start all over with trial and error to find everything and anything.

So I thought I'd make a list of all my favorite places in Los Angeles that made my daily life more pleasurable and enjoyable.

This list is by no means inclusive but just a small bit of things I loved in LA that I would love to find in Dublin.

Favorite sushi restaurant: Banzai Sushi in Calabasas

Favorite hair salon/haircut: Umberto's in Beverly Hills - Carl James is the BEST!

Favorite facials and waxing: Colour Image in Woodland Hills - Brenda...couldn't imagine trusting anyone else:)

Favorite Make-up Artist: Marisa @ Sax in Beverly Hills

Favorite Breakfast: The Country Deli in Chatsworth

Favorite Bean Dip & Margaritas: Los Toros in Chatsworth, Casa Vega in Studio City

Favorite Mexican Food: El Rancho in Sherman Oaks

Favorite Discount Clothes Retailer: Loehmann's at the Beverly Center, Nordstrom's Rack in Woodland Hills

Favorite Italian Food: Topanga Pizza Kitchen in Woodland Hills or The Pizza Cookery for their rolls and fountain rootbeer, yum. Domenico's Italian Kitchen in Pasadena

Favorite Rock 'n Roll bar: The Cat Club in West Hollywood

Favorite Coffee House: Starbucks in Westwood Village

Favorite Greek food: California Pita & Grill in Sherman Oaks

Favorite Manicure/Pedicure: Beautiful Forever Nails & Spa

Favorite Produce: Studio City Farmer's Market

Favorite Grocery Store: Trader Joe's and Whole Foods in Sherman Oaks

Favorite Church: Cornerstone in Simi Valley

Favorite Sunday Brunch: Paradise Cove in Malibu

Favorite Beach: Free ZUMA in Malibu

Favorite Wine Tasting: Santa Barbara Wineries

Favorite Massages: Burke Williams Day Spa

Favorite Steak House: Mastro's in Beverly Hills

Favorite Clubs & Bars for Dancing/Drinks: The Viceroy, The Spider Club, Privilege, LAX, this list goes on and on and changes constantly...as all of the club goers know.

Favorite Afterhours Dancing: Avalon

I would love to see everyone add their favorites and uncover some new or hidden places to venture to.

2 comments:

Josephine Nicole said...

Favorite drinks with a view: The Castaway outdoor patio in Burbank

Vanessa Gibson ~ A World Butterfly said...

Yes Jo, that is a favorite that I had forgotten...another secret up there that I had totally forgotten is that when you look over the valley from somewhere up there at night, the city lights are in the shape of a heart...oh so romantic;)