Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!

It's Easter Sunday and I'm in Dublin recovering from a nasty cold. I stayed home most of this week as it really knocked me out, couldn't get out of bed for 3 days this week. It was aweful. I am finally starting to feel better, thank goodness and am content to sit in the house watching TV and playing on the internet. Of course, I would rather be home with family celebrating the day, but soup and TV will have to do. I'm not feeling much up for a big event anyway.

I will be home in 2 1/2 weeks and I am really looking forward to being home for more reasons than I could list on a blog. It's going to be a very busy weekend... Coachella, Karen's bridal shower, seeing friends and family in between the planned events. It'll be 5 days of craziness and I am very excited to see everyone and breathe in some California sunshine. It's actually been getting warmer here, in the high 50's and sunny for the last week. Don't know how long it'll last but it's a nice change of pace from the continual cold and dark winter weather. It's just getting dark now and it's almost 9pm at night.

I watched "The Secret" on Friday night and it was interesting. It's about the theory of the law of attraction and basically says that we attract people and experiences based on our thought processes so if we have positive thoughts and energy, we will attract positive experiences, people and blessings and if we have negative thoughts and energy, we will attract negative experiences, people, etc. The power of the mind is powerful so to speak. It was an interesting motivational movie, worth watching. Put out there in the universe the things that we want, be specific and we will receive them, like the old saying, "Ask and you shall receive" or "Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it." I think it's useful in keeping one focused on positive energy and outlook and that life will transpire accordingly. Mostly, it reminded me of gratitude.

I have to say that there so many things in life that I have to be grateful for. I am grateful for the people that have supported me through this adventure. I am grateful for the opportunity to experience new cultures and countries. I am grateful to have a job that is rewarding doing something that I love. Mostly right now, I am grateful for the day I will get to return home and experience life with the people I love most.

Happy Easter! Love you all!

No comments: