Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy Days!

I haven't written a bit so I thought I would sit still for a minute and give a quick catchup. Things have been going well here. The weather has been beautiful, it hasn't rained in three weeks until a little sprinkle last night and this afternoon and it's finally starting to warm up to the high 50's and mid 60's. I never thought that I would think that 50's and 60's was warm but my perspective has changed after a cold winter:)

I have had some really nice girly outings with Jo and Christine and last night I went into the city centre for the first time in a while with a co-worker and her flatmate and had a great time. We met some really nice people. I also got a massage today which was much needed and fabulous to have all the knots in my shoulders loosened up...although I have to admit I'm a little bit sore and probably will be for a day or two. I might buy a car here this week.

I'm heading to LA for Coachella this week...and then to Barcelona the following weekend. Really looking forward to both trips. I have to admit I've been a bit nervous about going home...I feel like the trip is going to fly by and I've been looking forward to it for so long that I can't believe it is finally here. I'm afraid I'm going to blink and miss it all, and it doesn't really feel like long enough to see everyone and take care of everything but I'll be back in June for Karen's wedding which will be wonderful and I'm really looking forward to that.

It amazes me how excitement and anticipation can build up and cause anxiety and tension as well...but I guess that's how you know you really care about something and I guess I've been more homesick than I admit or realize most of the time. I try typically to not worry about things that are out of my control but this feeling lately has been overwhelming so at this point I'm just trying to stay focused and live in the moment to really enjoy it. Thank God for my family and friends who have held my hand and walked me through these moments as I travel on this constantly changing and challenging journey. I truly cannot express my gratitude and appreciation enough.

No comments: