Saturday, December 2, 2006

There's No Place Like Home

I moved into my new place right after my last blog,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and went to London for my birthday weekend. That Friday night we went to watch jazz...it ended up being hilarious...12 saxophone players, playing badly all at once.


Then Bobby, Natalie and I went to a nice bar in a hotel and then back to Bobby's. Saturday I ate breakfast at a quaint pastry house accross from Harrod's, had sushi for the first time in months,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

did some shopping and had people over with Bobby & Natalie on Saturday night. Sunday I had my first Starbucks since I left LA, and no it is not as good in London as in LA. I did the tour of Harrod's which I formally refer to as "SHOE HEAVEN" but it was a nice family weekend and great to see Cai and Tao for the first time as well.


On my birthday night, a few friends from work suprised me and took me to Acapulco's as I have been craving Mexican food since day one of arriving here...it's like a drug addiction that I've been in remission on...need MEXICAN FOOD now, haha.

Spent the next weekend partying with the FTP players that were in town for an event in Dublin and with Gavin...my neighbor and friend from work.

Went back to London for Thanksgiving weekend to have Thanksgiving with Bobby which is right about when the crazy homesickness kicked in and lasted all week until Karen finally saved me on Wednesday with a three hour phone call. I did get to visit the Tate Modern Museum

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and see Big Ben

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and Parliament, etc while in London this last time...and spent a day pampering.

Last night I went out by myself (most of the guys from work left early this morning for a "boys" trip to Amsterdam) and met some new people from outside of work which was nice....two of them live in London and are visiting for the weekend, 2 were Greek, one was African, one was a Dubliner, and one was confused (she's moved alot). Had a blast, all very nice people....good times...still miss home.

But I will be home in 20 days and cannot wait.

No comments: