Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So...I totally admit that I haven't been a good blogger lately, but the truth is that I haven't had much to say. In the past few weeks, we've had several birthdays including the two sets of twins, my mom & Chrissy, and Thyra's twins, Connor & Corbin, Alex and Masha and my Nana is turning 80 in about a week which is fantastic and I wish I could be in LA to celebrate that.

I am settled into a weekly routine which consists of working, hitting the gym 3 nights a week, my weekly night with the girls to watch Grey's Anatomy(my favorite night of the week), and the random outing here and there. Hasn't been much going on to write home about. I am proud to say that I've only missed two days at the gym since I started and I was sick that week again so I'm using that as my official excuse:)

One interesting thing at the gym is that when I weigh myself, which of course I do almost every time as if the pounds have miraculously fallen off since the last time I was there(which they never do), I have to read my weight in stones. Stones as a measurement of weight = 14 pds. so I would be quite impressed with myself if I was able to say, I lost a stone from my dedication to cardio and weight training. The other weight measurement here is kilos which is even more difficult to translate to pounds so I've decided to stick with stones.

This weekend is St. Patrick's Day which is a week long celebration in Ireland but I have decided to head out of town for the three day weekend...can you believe it, we actually get an extra day off for St. Patrick's Day... Work is throwing a celebration in town tonight to say thank you and kick off the St. Paddy's day weekend at a restaurant called Floridita including cocktails, tapas and a Latino band. I'm leaving tomorrow for London to visit with UK Craig and Even Steven which should be a blast... I plan on dancing until my feet lift off the ground:)

And of course, the countdown towards Coachella is on...I'm really looking forward to that. So far we have a large crew heading out there and Rasmus got a 30 foot RV so we're all going to head down there in that...I can't wait for the sun and the dancing and seeing everyone at home. Unfortunately, my schedule will be really tight as I'm only in town for 5 days and 3 of them will be at Coachella, but I'm hoping to squeeze quick rounds in with everyone on the other days. We are also having a bridal shower for Karen that Sunday and then I leave Monday evening...it will be a very quick trip...but Rasmus has assured me he will have energy drinks waiting to help me adjust to the time change as quickly as possible and I will do my best to squeeze everyone in. So let me know your schedules and if you will be around during that time:) I can't wait to see everyone.

Love you all!

Ness:)

No comments: