Thursday, March 22, 2007

Falling Down on London Bridges

Friday night, our company threw a party in City Centre to kick of St. Patrick's day and celebrate successes of the company. Ironically enough, our St. Paddy's Day party was at a Cuban style restaurant/bar called Floradita with a live band, cocktails, tapas and we had almost the entire thing to ourselves. They had amazing fruit fusion non-alcoholic cocktails which I was drinking along with Cosmopolitans.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was a fun evening. Christine and I were two of the few dancers of the poker crew and the evening as a whole was a big success...very fun.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday afternoon I boarded a plane to London. Even Steven & UK Craig met me at my cousin's house that evening, we went to dinner at a quaint italian cafe in Knightsbridge,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and then headed out to a music/images show. In the spirit of St. Paddy's Day, I bought them hats from Ireland and got a tattoo of a shamrock airbrushed on my arm.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After leaving the show, we wandered through the streets of London to a club "The End" where we danced until 5am when Steven had to head off to catch his 10am flight. My favorite DJs of the night at The End was Noze. They're French and have simple catchy lyrics with a fantastic beat line and did a live set.



I'm amazed that I made it through the night as I made the silly mistake of wearing a dress with wedges that had a 4 inch heel and my feet were throbbing by about 2am after all of the walking and dancing, but I did my best to keep up with dancing kings, UK & Even, especially considering Even was sucking it up for the night despite having a nasty flu type cough and was only feeling, according to him, around 82% although he looked 110% in the tradition of St. Paddy's Day.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday I headed out around noon, shopped at Zara's for a bit and then wandered into Harrod's where I met a charming older man and woman, James and Veronica, at the lunch counter. We began eating lunch and chit chatting. James is from the UK and Veronica is from Northern Ireland and the three of us struck up a 4 hour conversation, during which James began buying us wine, I was sure the two of them were going to hit it off...and since all I ate was a salad with bacon and cheese in it and I'd only slept for a few hours, I was quickly and unknowingly beyond my limits of alcohol without even realizing it. Bobby called and I met him for another drink across the street at the Westbury Hotel and then I went to meet David (Steven's band mate) at the Old Queens Head where he was doing a solo acoustic act for the evening. Needless to say, I didn't make it out for very long... and headed back early to Bobby's to sleep off the wine.

So all and all it was a fabulous weekend minus the lack of food and the overdrinking on Sunday which is never a good mixture. But the dancing and seeing Even & UK was wonderful.

Next stop...possibly Barcelona for Easter and then LA for Coachella...the countdown is ON!!!!!

Special SHOUT OUT to my NANA who turned 80 today!!! Happy Birthday NANA!

No comments: