Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's Saturday night and I'm exhausted!

So I posted last about a week ago and so much has happened, I don't even know where to begin. Started my 1st full week of work..dosed up on caffeine trying to adjust to the time change..in essence, you are working and up overnight until you adjust. It went well though. Got a lot done and feeling back in the swing of things.

I moved hotels last night after work because the Ryder's Cup is in Dublin next week and everything is booked up. I was supposed to move to brand new apts in Sandyford but they weren't ready so now I'm staying in similar apts. in City Centre. I'm right across the street from St. Stephen's Green Park which is cool because it's easier to get to the train station and there is a lot more to do over here. Only downside is that it is very noisy at night with all the nitelife...so if you can't beat 'em, you end up joining 'em.

Kevin(co-worker from LA) and I bar hopped last night...I took some pics that I will download soon for y'all to see. We went to a few different places and landed in a club till about 3:30am. It was fun...the music is less updated than in LA, I noticed they played a lot of old school songs, still fun though.

Today I went through St. Stephen's Green for the 1st time, and walked around the shops on the other side...still learning all the street names. Kevin met me over there for lunch at a 1/2 decent Mexican restaurant (1/2 decent for Dublin anyway) and then we chilled at the park (I catnapped) and shopped a little bit.

At that point I was still exhausted from a full week of activities so I napped and now I can hear all of the action happening downstairs but am not quite motivated to go join in the action right now. It's about midnight here.

I move to another hotel room tomorrow since the one I'm in doesn't have a washer/dryer and I haven't done laundry in over 3 weeks...I will soon run out of clothes if I don't do some laundry.

I met a few Irish folk this week, one guy named David actually interviewed with our company when we were still in LA and then I met him here at my old hotel. It's very small town I can see already...everywhere you go you run into people you know with about 2 -3 degrees of separation vs. the LA 7 degrees, haha.

My phone just rang so gotta run!

No comments: